This has officially been my 3rd day of summer vacation. truthfully I've had a hard year at school. I love teaching, but all of you teachers out there know that some year's are rougher than others. God certainly challenged me this year, but I made it through - with A LOT OF prayer. Even my students knew, that sometimes Mrs. Bartlett needs a time out. To be honest, this triggered some interesting conversations between my students. One of my favorite ones went something like this:
"Mrs. Bartlett, when you need a time out, what do you do?" "Well, I take a minute and say a prayer." "What does that mean?" Another student chimes in, "That means she talks to God." The first student turns to me and says full of surprise, "You can talk to God?!" Before I can say anything the second student wisely tells the first, "Anyone can, even you. Didn't you know that?" Which the first student accepted with a big smile on her face. I love my first graders!
You all are probably wondering why I am writing about this on our adoption blog. Well, because although the year was hard, and many days I couldn't wait for it to end, it kept me very busy. Which in this time of waiting, was a very good thing. I've only been off for three days and I have no idea how I'll make it through the summer. Being at home by myself with the dogs really reminds me that what I want most in the world is to be a mother!
Today I talked to our adoption counselor. She said that our matchletter is being passed around. She knows the waiting is hard. Her recommendation was to go on vacation. Her exact words were "Please don't not go on vacation because you might get a call. Go on vacation, enjoy your summer and relax." Well all that is much easier said than done!
I guess all I can do is to finish up the nursery, finalize reorganizing the house a little, and read the adoption and baby books that are waiting for me.
Michael and I really appreciate your prayers for us. Our prayer requests are on the right side of our posts. I guess what we need most of all at this point is PATIENCE! Thanks for thinking about and praying for us!
You are both so very special to us! We pray for both of you continually. We pray for the baby that God has in His arms right now holding tight and getting him/her ready for you--He knows what all of you need most. Yes, as in anything the waiting is the hardest part but especially waiting for a very precious gift--a child! We include you on the prayer requests of each of our prayer groups. Hold tight as you wait to see all God has planned for you--He always makes it a "wild" ride! Love you! Lorie :-)
ReplyDeleteI completely understand how you feel! I was so hopeful we would have our baby home before the summer vacation began for my husband (he's a teacher too)...that isn't looking like it's going to happen and it is very hard! We planned a vacation too and hopefully the waiting will not be much longer for either of us! :)
ReplyDelete