Since there hasn't been much to do but wait the last few months, Michael and I were focused on meeting our goal of financing our adoption without dept. To be honest, a few months ago, it seemed pretty much impossible to me. I cannot attribute this to anything but the grace of God! He is faithful! I am simply in awe by what he has done through you in the last few months! So many of you were instrumental in achieving this goal! Therefore I wanted to share our happy news. As of yesterday, we have saved up the amount we will need to pay to the agency once our baby comes home with us!!! YAY!!!!! We are so incredibly excited!!! This means, that when we get a call, we can accept without worries if we will be able to have the money in time.
Since we decided to adopt we made sure all of my paychecks went into savings. I only cheated for Christmas, is that bad? We also used some savings money for agency fees we already paid.
While we were doing a good job of savings, we were incredibly blessed with all your amazing contributions!!!!
Thank you for all your monetary and also yard sale donations, we could not have done this without you!!!! God has blessed us in such amazing ways, we can't even believe it most days!!!!
We don't know what else to say, but THANK YOU!!!!!
I've been very stressed about this financial situation, and thankfully a lot of that stress is now gone. I am so thankful to have learned to live on a budget though! This will greatly help us out in the future. Now we'll continue to save, since babies are expensive. :o)
But at least, now we are ready for God's and our agencies call!
Thank you all again for your amazing support!!!!!!!!!!
Praise God!!! I am so excited for you! And congratulations! I know God has the perfect children in mind for you and I can't wait to hear how the journey goes as you find each other. Praying for speed (on God's part), patience for you, and your marriage to grow every stronger as you wait.
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!! I am soo glad to hear that you've reached your financial goal. It will allow you to enjoy the time you have left waiting for your bundle of joy. I know it may seem weird, but my experience is that once the stress is gone, things start happening. God does work in his own time, and that time is always perfect when we look back later. God bless.
ReplyDeleteMarion,
ReplyDeleteI just saw your comment on my blog and followed you here! It amazes me how God connects people! I have viewed your match letter on CFCA's website before (I totally stalk that site haha!) so I recognized you! I'm so happy for you that you have reached your financial goal! What a huge load off your shoulders! I feel comfort knowing there are others in the same position I am, just waiting! Please feel free to contact me anytime, we can support each other during this hard wait time! I will be thrilled when I see your names go "on hold" and praise God that your little one finally found you! :) I will be watching your story unfold and I hope you will contact me if you need a shoulder or just to talk to someone else who "gets it". :)
Karen