Bartlett Family

Bartlett Family
Summer 2014

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Keep on waiting :o)

Well I know I've been a little whiny recently. We all have good and bad days. Not having very much to do gives one too much time to think. So it was time to get a little busier.
Last week I started to volunteer at our adoption agency. It's not a whole lot to do, but I've been there twice in the last week and felt like I was helping others, which was nice. As a teacher I send an invitation to volunteer in my class to my parents every year. I'm always happy if there is one mom who is willing to come and help out! So when I saw our agencies invitation to volunteer I figured it is time to give back.
When I ran into my case worker we had a really nice chat. In the course of that I realized that my brother-in-law whose now living for us for at least a month obviously needed to be fingerprinted. Wow, how did I miss that????!!!!! Thank goodness God sent me in the right place to make sure it all got taken care of. We got it all done on Monday and are good to go. :o)
Last weekend we got to spend in with wonderful friends who then came to visit us on Monday. That definitely made time go faster.
I've never been good at waiting, but I know my friends that I need to quit whining and simply be ok with God's timing. The hardest thing is that while 6 months of waiting are in general normal and not much at all, there are quite a few families with our agency that got matched much faster than that. So I greatly appreciate all your prayers for patience for me!
I came across this video on another adoption blog and it fits so perfectly for me, that I wanted to re-post it here. Waiting - I guess I'll better make the best of it.




1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say something to make this waiting easier, but I just can't! I check the site almost daily in hopes of seeing a new family get matched (especially you guys!!), and I feel angst right along with you that you are still waiting. As much as I don't like to admit it, when a family that was put on the site after us got matched after only a week, I definitely felt jealous. I felt, "That's not fair!!!" But at the same time I was so happy for them. I am sure you can relate.

    What makes me feel better is that it isn't about "who waits longer" and I shouldn't be wondering why they got matched before us or why they didn't wait as long or why I didn't wait as long as many others, it is about OUR baby. Where is OUR baby? Is OUR baby being born this month, next? God has already hand picked YOUR child. You don't want someone else's child just because the wait is shorter, you want YOUR baby in whatever timing that may be!

    It is perfectly normal and okay for you to wish your baby was ready sooner rather than later, but keep trusting the Lord's timing and His desire to complete your family!

    Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement to us, even though we have never met, I of course feel a bond with you because you get it!!! And I will be over the moon, overjoyed, and THRILLED when I see your profile go on hold!!!

    Prayers and love for you guys!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete