Bartlett Family

Bartlett Family
Summer 2014

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Welcome to our Blog

Well in our family and home I'm more the writer than Michael, so while this is our blog, I guess I'll do most of the writing. I'm not even sure anyone will ever read this, but it's been on my mind a lot to write many of our ups and downs to parenthood down and maybe provide encouragement for others who are going through similar hard times. 
I've read several blogs during our journey, and many times they have encouraged or also challenged me. I pray that I could do the same for others. 
Today we had our first adoption home study interview meeting. We drew our genograms for our case worker and then got to talk about our families, relationships, childhood, and family traditions. It again became apparent to me that I'm the more dysfunctional one in your marriage. I am so thankful God picked such an amazing husband for me, who was raised by wonderful parents. 
I'm in no way saying that my parents are not wonderful, they are in their own ways. I love them so very much and miss them every day. Their relationship is very different and much more complicated though than Michael's parents ever was. 
Anyways, it was interesting to compare our families, our childhood, experiences, and weird at the same time to have a case worker write all of this down. 
I am so anxious for our next meeting and I pray every day for our birthmother and our child, which I know God has designed or is designing in his perfect image. I can't wait to be surprised by him or her. 
I am so thankful to be a Christian woman! Without my loving and gracious father in heaven I would not be where I am today. 

1 comment:

  1. Marion and Michael,
    I know this is a difficult journey but we are there for you. I wanted you to know that my brother and I were adopted at birth. I have never known that I was not adopted and as a child I had an image of my parents going to a "baby store" to pick out a baby. Of course they picked me, because they always told me that was why I was special. They told me I was special because they got to "pick me".

    I have never known my birth parents, I have thought about it a few times, but my parents are the ones that raised me and loved me. They are my parents, period.

    I know adoptions are more open now than they were then. I have friends that have adopted two boys and they have a relationship with their birth mother, it still works out beautifully.

    I know the two of you will be wonderful parents and I am sure it will happen in its own time. I just wanted you to know how grateful I am that my birth mother gave me up for adoption to such wonderful parents, I couldn't have had any better ones. And I am sure you will do the same.

    I am happy for you that you are adopting,
    Much Love, Luanne

    ReplyDelete