Bartlett Family

Bartlett Family
Summer 2014

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Inspiration

Just now I found an amazing blog written by a new adoptive mother. What an inspiration! It's amazing how many people go through the same things we are going through. I know that we are not alone.
Reading through her blog was such an encouragement and at the same time it made me realize that it is time for me to buckle down and get some business done.
I have not read a single baby book, simply because I never got pregnant. Well, obviously I won't be, so I better start reading! I also have fundraising ideas nicely in my head, but it's time to get started. And while we emptied the future nursery out for the most part during fall break, today I took a nap instead of working some more on it.
We've been waiting so long that I feel that I've got so much time - but what if I don't?
In the blog I read the new parents got a hospital call. Translated into language that people who don't know anything about adoption this means that the baby is already born when the mother chooses the adoptive parents. They found out the day before they took their son home, that they'll be parents. Thank goodness they were prepared!
I'm asking for your prayerful support, to get me ready to be a mom. It still seems so unreal, even though our paperwork is done and we are down to only a few interviews.
I've also been struggling in writing our match letter. I want it to be absolutely perfect, which of course is a very unrealistic goal.
So thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, and encouragement. It means the world to us!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Marion, I am so thankful you are inviting us to take this journey with you! What an honor to pray for you and Mike and your child! I want you to know that I have been specifically praying for both of you and your child/children for at least two (maybe more) years now. I haven't known your circumstances, but God has placed you on my heart. What a lucky child to be raised by you! Praying for continued peace and as speedy process as God's will allows.

    ReplyDelete